Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Perfect Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies



So. With this post I get to kill two birds with one stone. I am going to show you the steps to making these scrumptious cookies and how I made my sister a super cute house-warming gift. 

All You Need For These Cookies Is: 
- 1 Box of Chocolate Cake Mix 
- 1/2 Cup of Butter 
- 2 Eggs 
- 2 Tblspns of Flour 
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract 



Put all Ingredients in a bowl and mix well with beaters. Batter will be thick. Drop cookies onto greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. Makes 32 cookies. I dusted the cookie tops with icing sugar but the possibilities are endless.

So Good! They cost about $1.50 all together!

Now, to the super cute house warming gift for my sister!

Here's what you need:
- Mason Jar
- Ribbons
- Scrapbook Paper
- Hot Glue Gun
- The Cookies We Just Made !

First, I filled the jar with the delicious cookies! Now they weren't all the same size, so I used a drinking glass that was the same size of the jar opening and trimmed the cookies. After filling up the jar I traced the inside part of the lid onto the cute scrap booking paper and cut it out. Then I glued the paper onto the lid. I then screwed on the lid and cut a long piece of ribbon. I glued it on to the back of the jar and at the sides. I then knotted it and added the little card I made. I curled the ribbon to give it a little touch. I felt the jar was lacking a little bit, so I used a circle punch and punched the little treats out of the paper, and then hot glued them to the jar. Super cute. Super easy. Super cheap!


No comments:

Post a Comment