Monday, November 19, 2012

Shopping List For December 2012 Meal Plan

{ What We Need To Buy to Go Along With Our Meal Plan }

So, after creating your meal plan and writing out all the ingredients needed for each meal, I make a huge shopping list of only things needed for the meal plans. I don't include the things we have run out of and need or the things we will be buying anyways (like milk, eggs, bread, butter, etc). I put those on a completely separate list.So, here it is. My master list for December. Now I want you to keep in mind that just because these things are written on the list it doesn't necessarily mean I will buy them. Usually two days before I go on my big shopping trip I go through the fridge, freezer, kitchen cupboards, and pantry to see what I have. For example if my list says I need 2 cans of mushrooms but I have one left over in the pantry, I will only buy one. This is a great way to ensure you aren't buying things you all ready have. Sometimes I am able to scratch a great amount of stuff off the list and am able to save a lot of money that way. So, here we go .. 

Buns (10) 
Lunch meat (400g per week x 4 weeks) 
4 loaves of bread
Cheese Slices (2 packs) 
Blocks of Cheese (2) 
Cream of Mushroom Soup (2) 
Rotisserie Chicken (2) 
Pilsbury Biscuits (1) 
Frozen Vegetables (2 bags) 
Potatoes, Carrots, Cooking Onions (big bags) 
Chicken Broth (2) 
Celery
Can of Tomatoes 
Macaroni Pasta 
Frozen Fries (2) 
Green Onions 
Tomato
La Grille Vegetable Seasoning
White Rice x 2 bags 
Bread Crumbs 
Broccoli (2) 
Baby Carrots 
Pork Roast 
Red Delicious Apples 
Honey 
Garlic Butter 
Salsa
Sour Cream 
Package of Frozen Ravioli 
Cashews 
Ginger 
Fresh Mushrooms 
Scallop Potatoes (2) 
Box of Mashed Potatoes (2) 
Can of Corn 
English Muffins 
Pitas
Gravy Mix (1) 
Little Red Potatoes 
Bacon 
Wraps 
Pizza Sauce 
Flour 
Alfredo Sauce 
Fettuchini Noodles 
Bell Peppers x 2 
Pasta Sauce (6) 
Can of Mushrooms (4) 
Ground Beef x 6 dinners 
Pork loin chops x 3 dinners 
Ham x 2 steaks 


Then for my regular shopping list I will have things like: 

Milk
Eggs
Juice 
Cereal 
Granola Bars 
Pam Spray 
Yogurt 
Cottage Cheese
Apples
Bananas
Oranges 
Pudding 
Apple Sauce 
Mayo 
Cocoa 
Icing Sugar 
Bagels 
Poptarts 

And whatever else we need. Before I started meal planning I felt my shopping trips were so disorganized. I felt like I would come home with all this food and still be able to say 'we have no food'. Now I know what meals can be prepared out of our fridge, freezer, and cupboards. It is a great feeling to know that you have the resources available to you right away, and that you arent having to worry about running to the store because you forgot to pick up something for dinner. Since we have started meal planning we do not eat out nearly as often and we find we are enjoying each others company more. Its nice to sit down together at around the same time every day and talk while we eat. Or talk about how we like the meal if I have tried a new recipe. Meal planning makes sense. If I can make it work for a 2 person family, than I am sure it can work for anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment