Thursday, December 27, 2012

1 Pan Chicken Dinner

Easy dinner idea that can be prepared ahead of time and poped into the oven when ready for dinner! 

What You Need : 
- Large Casserole Dish 
- Olive Oil 
- Chicken Breasts, Fresh (I Used 3)
- Potatoes (I Used 3) 
- Green Vegetable (I Used Broccoli. You Could Use Any Green Vegetable) 
- Salt & Pepper
- Parsley
- Mrs. Dash Seasoning (Optional)
 
After cleaning your potatoes and vegetables, chop them up. Try to make them the same size as much as possible. 
You want to drizzle a generous amount of olive oil in the bottom of your casserole dish before placing anything inside. 
Place a row of potatoes, a row of the chicken breasts, and a row of your vegetables. 
Drizzle olive oil on top of everything and season to taste. 
Cover with foil. 
When ready to cook, place in oven at 350 degrees (still covered in foil) for 1 hour. 
After the house is finished, remove foil. 
Scoop out vegetables and return pan to the oven with just the chicken and potatoes for another 10 minutes to crisp them up. 
Pull out of oven and serve. 
Delicious. Simple. Affordable. 
Finished Dinner. It's a HUGE Hit in Our House!

 

15 comments:

  1. making this tonight. found it on pinterest. Acting on a pic! check! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sitting in the oven! I used tenderloins and asparagus instead. Super excited to see how it turns out! Thank you for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think carrots would work instead of a green veggie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying this tonight with asparagus too! Looks yummy! I think my boys will like it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many people does this recipe serve?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello I have this in my oven right now. I used white potatoes broccoli/baby carrots and chicken breasts. In your instructions it says when the house is finished take out the veggies, then remove foil and cooks for ten more min. What is it your talking about when you say when the house is done?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering the same thing. I think she means when the HOUR is done to remove the veggies and put the dish back in to crisp up the potatoes and chicken.

      Delete
    2. Sorry for the delay in replying. Yes, I mean when the hour is finished. Apologies for the typing error!

      Delete
    3. Honestly I figured it was a sly way to say,"hey mom's you got an hour, tidy up." loll.. Perspective. Excellent meal idea.

      Delete
  8. Darn...just cleaned my whole house thinking you said house!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. COULD YOU USE SWEET P. INSTEAD?

    ReplyDelete