Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Homemade Meat Loaf


Ingredients Needed: 
- 1 Package of Ground Beef 
- 1 Small White Onion 
- Salt & Pepper 
- 1 Egg 
- 1/2 Cup of Bread Crumbs or Soda Crackers (crushed)

For Sauce: 
~ Equal Parts 
  - Ketchup 
  - Brown Sugar 
  - Syrup 
  - Regular Mustard (1 Tblspn)


For Sauce ; 
Combine with a whisk :
- 1/4 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup of Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup of Ketchup
- 1 Tblspn Regular Mustard

The Easiest Meatloaf Sauce.


For Meatloaf:
 *Make sure ground beef is completely thawed if it was previously frozen*
- First I put the ground beef into a large bowl and broke it up.  I then generously added salt and pepper.
- Next I added the finely chopped onion and mixed well.
- The egg was the next item I added and then I mixed well again.
- The bread crumbs were added to hold the meatloaf together.
- Before I placed the meat into the loaf pan I added 1/3 of the sauce we previously made.
- I mixed the meat mixture well and pressed into the loaf pan.
- I then used saran and placed the whole loaf pan into the fridge until I was ready to cook it.

Making the Meatloaf.
I placed the meatloaf into a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes and then pulled it out. I then put half of the remaining sauce on the top of the meatloaf. Be sure to spread the sauce evenly. Pop the meat loaf back into the oven for another 20 minutes. 

Half Way Through Cooking.
 And Here Is The Final Product!

Delicious Dinner! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment