Monday, November 19, 2012

Make Your Own Oatmeal Packets

 

Microwave Oatmeal Packets 


We are big oatmeal eaters in our household. I use to buy those little microwave packets because it was so convenient and what I thought was a decent price. I usually got them on sale for $2.50 for a 10 pack. At about $0.25 a serving I thought it was a great price. Boy was I wrong. I decided to make my own microwave packets using Robin Hood quick oats and brown sugar. I was able to make 20 packets for about $1.00. Here's how I did it. 

What You'll Need: 
- Quick Oats 
- Brown Sugar 
- Cinnamon 
- Little Ziploc Baggies 
- Labels (Optional - But Cute!) 

First, I emptied the oats into a large bowl. I pre-opened a bunch of bags to make it easier. I used a 1/2 cup scoop and gave each bag 1 scoop. After I had all the bags filled with the oats I added 1 tablespoon of brown sugar to each bag and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon to each bag. I pressed out the air and seeled tightly. 

To Prepare: 
Empty bag contents into a bowl. Add 3/4 - 1 cup of water or milk. Microwave for 1 minute and enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment