Friday, December 7, 2012

3 Tier Mint Chocolate Birthday Cake


Yesterday with my hubby's birthday! Every year since we have been together I have always made him a birthday cake. This is the 7th cake I have made him. Wow. That makes me feel old!
I decided that this year I would make him a mint chocolate cake because that is his absolute favorite flavor, and since it is his special day, I wanted to do everything to make him smile.


Pretty Good For My First Multi-Layer Cake!

To Make This Cake You'll Need:
~ 2 x Chocolate Cake Mix
~ Mint Extract
~ Mint Chocolate Chips
~ Icing Sugar
~ Milk
~ Vanilla Extract
~ Butter
~ Peppermint Patties (used on top)

First, I made the cake mixes according to the directions on the box. I let these cool over night.
Next, I cut the tops of two of the cakes for the lower two tiers.
Then I prepared the icing and generously applied it between the tiers. I also sprinkled some mint chips between the tiers. I then carefully stacked the cake and covered the cake carefully with the remaining icing. I added some decorations to the top to make it extra cute and minty!

Icing Recipe: (I tripled it!)
~ 1 1/2 cups of icing sugar
~ 2 tblspns of milk
~ 1 tblspn of butter
~ 1/2 tspn of vanilla extract
~ 1/8 tspn of mint extract
Place all above items in a bowl and beat thoroughly with a hand mixer scraping the sides when needed. 


Total Cost For This Cake: 
2 x Cake Mix $2.50
Icing Sugar $2.00
Mint Chips $0.50
Peppermint Patties $0.50
*Everything else I had on hand*
               Making a grand total of $5.50 for a cake that generously fed 8 adults and 2 kids!


Happy Birthday J! 

Last Years Turtle Birthday Cup-Cake: 

J Also Love Turtles!

No comments:

Post a Comment