Spinach is great.
It has so many different uses, and is easily a staple produce item in our household.
I sometimes find that we have troubles finishing all the spinach before it starts to go bad, so I have started to freeze the spinach to get the most I possibly can out of it.
Frozen spinach is not the best for salads, but it works great for soups, stews, pasta recipes, or even spinach dip! Yum-o.
Here are my simple steps to freeze fresh spinach for later uses:
- Place spinach in a sink full of cold water.
- Gently swish spinach around sink making sure all spinach is getting covered with the water.
- In sections, place spinach into salad spinner and spin until dry.
- Transfer spinach into freezer safe bags (I highly recommend dating these bags for easy use!)
- Tie bags and toss into freezer
- Pull out spinach and throw directly into recipe, or allow time to let it thaw!