Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Make Your Own Cooking Spray

I don't know about you, but I feel like I go through a lot of cooking spray! 
Probably a bottle per month. 
That adds up a lot! 
Even if I purchase the store brand its still $3.00. 
3.00 x 12 months = $36.00 a year (approximate). 
That is just ridiculous. 
I decided to make my own cooking spray to save money, and cut down on waste. 

Oil of Your Choice 
Misting Spray Bottle (I got mine from the dollar store for $1.00) 
Label & Tape 

I wrote on the label and stuck it to the bottle. I then covered it with clear scotch tape so it would not rub off if something spilt on it. 

Recipe for Spray ; 
1 part oil of your choice (I used canola) 
5 parts water 
~ Put in bottle and shake well ~ 
~ Shake Before Use ~

Save money. 
Reduce waste. 
Know what's in your cooking spray exactly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment